Fruity oats with a crunchy walnut topping, make ahead and enjoy for a tasty, hassle-free, breakfast.
1) Wash, peel and shred the apple, place the shredded apple into a bowl (you can make the mixture up in one large bowl and divide it into two at the end, or split all it into two bowls to start with).
2) Add in the oats to the bowl, then the chia seeds and the milk. Give the ingredients a good stir and make sure they are all combined. Split into two serving bowls.
3) Gently mix in the blueberries, I use frozen blueberries but use fresh if you prefer.
4) Chop the walnuts and sprinkle over the top.
5) Cover the bowls and leave in the fridge overnight. Leave the bowls out of the fridge for 30 mins before serving, or warm through in the microwave. Add more milk in if the oats have absorbed everything up and sweeten with honey or maple syrup.